A Spanish group of dermatologists (Dr. P. Jaén, Dr. S. Vañó-Galván and Dr. M. Fernández-Lorente) has created an IPAD application (“DERMOMAP HD”) that has become, in a few days, the most downloaded medical app in Spain and one of the most downloaded apps in other countries such as The United States, Canadá, Portugal or Brasil.
DermoMap HD is a 5,99 Euros application specifically designed for the iPad that provides an extraordinary visual, interactive, and intuitive guide to help in the diagnosis of skin problems. DermoMap HD is a useful tool to guide in the diagnosis of various dermatological conditions. It provides updated information about the general symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of each disease. DermoMap HD helps promote, build up and spread dermatology knowledge.
DERMOMAP features 4 intuitive, visual and practical sections specifically created to enjoy a truly “iPad experience”:
-Search: An alphabetical list of skin diseases, where you can quickly find the disease and access all information and images of the pathology.
-Diagnose: Through a simple interface where you choose location, duration and symptoms of the condition, you will be assisted in the diagnosis of skin lesions. It also enables you to identify, in a few seconds, what disease may cause certain skin lesions.
DermoMap HD is aimed at general practitioners, students, health personnel (pharmacists, nurses, etc), patients with curiosity about their conditions, and general public interested in dermatological education or information.
The application will also be available for the iphone in the near future.
For further information please visit:
- Constantinos D. Verros on DermoMap HD for Ipad and Iphone
- Handyscope app update (V 1.5) | Derm-Imaging.org on Handyscope: a personal review
- Leo Barco on Handyscope review in Spanish
- Shahbaz A. Janjua on Handyscope: a personal review
- Handyscope: a personal review | Derm-Imaging.org on Is mobile technology the way to go? (UPDATED)
- Dr Sadia Ammad on Welcome aboard.
- Photoshop Express 2.0: extremely simple! | Derm-Imaging.org on Is mobile technology the way to go? (UPDATED)
- Dr. Mubeen Malik, Kharian Cantt-Pakistan on Welcome aboard.
- Leo Barco on VisualDx – Visual Clinical Decision Support for the Desktop and Smartphone
- Leo Barco on Is mobile technology the way to go? (UPDATED)
- Nerea Landa on Is mobile technology the way to go? (UPDATED)
- Sergio Vañó-Galván on DermoMap HD for Ipad and Iphone
- Shahbaz A. Janjua on DermoMap HD for Ipad and Iphone
- Tweets that mention DermoMap HD for Ipad and Iphone | Derm-Imaging.org -- Topsy.com on DermoMap HD for Ipad and Iphone
- Leo barco on Is mobile technology the way to go? (UPDATED)